Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Slideshare

At first I was disappointed. I searched on "romance writing" and got many, many hits. As I started to go through them I realized they were all one- and two-slide shows promoting the sale of a particular book. Not what I was looking for. Before I moved away from that search, I clicked on "Reader's Advisory: Romance".

This was more like what I was looking for. Except it wasn't labeled correctly. For librarians, reader's advisory means we recommend or inform patrons of books within their interest. Advisory or not, this was more along the lines of what I was looking for. This slide show was about modern day romance publishing, sub-genres, and a few very well known authors.

I did eventually find more slide shows that fit my interests better. They discussed how to write, what to write, etc. But even they ended up being promotions for the author's book. (Get the full discussion by buying the book!)

So it appears that Slideshare is a good (read: another) tool for promoting the sale of my books. Let's hope I remember it exists when I have a book to promote. My luck it'll be obsolete by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment