Thursday, May 19, 2011

Personal Online Library

How do they expect me to limit myself to 200 books?! Now I'll end up spending money so I know what books I have. Geesh.

Librarything.com is so simple a caveman could do it. Biggest problem was remembering book titles. For a librarian, I sure am bad about that.

The first book I searched for almost overwhelmed me. Little did I know it was because of what book it was, and that other search results would not be quite so daunting. I searched for "king stand". Got 300 + hits. Paged through them, and through them, went back to the beginning...still couldn't find the one I wanted to add. I wanted the original, 1978 release. I finally found it and lo and behold it doesn't even have a picture. It's been released many times since then. I added a few other titles, stuck in some tags, and logged out. I logged back in (I like to see what a site looks like when you come in the regular way) and was surprised (shocked, really) to see a list of all the other people who have that book in their library. Uh, why do I need to know that?

Anyway, it's an easy, online way to keep track of your books. However, if they're not right there on your shelf, where could they be? Oh, yeah. If you're like me most of them are in the boxes under your bed.

Here's the link: My library

No comments:

Post a Comment