Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Comfort of a Thesaurus

flummox: v. confuse, perplex, baffle, stump, bewilder

All of these terms describe my journey into blogging, registering blogs, facebook, twitter, and breathing. Well, no, not breathing. I can do that on my own. The rest of it? Nah.

Web 2.0 tools were designed to entrance young people and scare off the older ones who will never even look at pictures of the grandkids via email. Everyone in between is on their own.

Email and the Internet are like breathing to me. Blogging is like pneumonia and a severe asthma attack combined. This easy, fun, relaxed way of communicating (so simple a caveman can do it!) keeps tripping me up. While trying to post this blog, blogger.com asked me (again-see previous blog) to verify who I am. I actually received a verification code but it didn't work. Then I realized that, now that I have a blog, I post to it. I no longer have to 'create' one.

To date I have three email accounts, a Google Reader account (where I'm following a couple of blogs with 9,000 entries a day), I'm using RSS feeds, have one blog, a facebook page for the library, a facebook page for myself, a twitter account, and partridge in a pear tree.

Go forth, coworkers, and blog. I'll follow you...if I can figure out how!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on figuring out the basics. Hope all that flummoxing and stumping doesn't make your head hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! It only took three tries to post a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete